Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Feels Good to do Nothing.


I actually did a whole lot of nothing today and it was rather splendid. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely to have my mother here and we had a terrific time, but now I have time to myself and I got to recover on quite a bit of sleep. Sleeping on the couch for a whole week almost was slightly uncomfortable. I did write the review for The King's Speech and posted it on my website. Hopefully I'll get to see True Grit and Black Swan this week sometime. I'm tenative about the remaking of True Grit since I admired and enjoyed the film that had John Wayne in it so much. I hear a lot of good things about it though, so we shall see what all the fuss is about. I also drew some rough drafts of new maps for my second book of a Warrior's Tale and it was annoying. There is nothing like trying to get the correct scale for what I want, and I must admit that I am not very good at drawing or sketching. However, if I can get the rough idea down, then my map artist, Jared Penland, can take that and make it believable. I watched this documentary on the U.S. Secret Service which was filled with all kinds of little fun facts about Presidents as well as those who protect them. The documentary gave me an idea for a very exciting series, which could work in book format or television; something like HBO or Showtime, but I like Showtime more. Series like The Tudors and Dexter ring in my mind as true masterpieces. Their website, The U.S. Secret Service , is also filled with all kinds of useful and interesting information, like how to identify what real money looks like as opposed to counterfeit bills. Well tomorrow should be relatively more productive but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment