Thursday, January 20, 2011

Could have Been....More.


Although I was able to complete a short story today, I could have done more like edit more of my second book, but I just wasn't feeling it. So here it is my newest short story Solum Sicarian: My Favorite Weapon. Now the reason why there is a subtitle is because it's going to be kind of like.....a....mini-series I suppose. I know I said I wanted to stick to stand alone stories, but for some odd reason this one just didn't go that way. I could have I suppose, but the way the characters and story lines were forming in my head it wouldn't have been as good. Now this short story is about a hired killer who works for himself and he is very good at what he does. It is perhaps my most risque and overtly sexual work I have written for my website, and I will put it this way; it is pretty dark and gritty. There are certain facets that I am going to explore of his deplorable character that are going to make most people feel very uncomfortable and maybe even want to vomit or cringe. If that happens I succeeded in creating yet again another horrific monster. I will however have an interesting foil to his character for those of you who don't like villains as much as I. I am still working on my "hero." I'm not quite certain what kind of career to give him (although I just had a lightbulb moment on that). I'm going to try and focus more on the individuals and theirl lives rather than the acts of violence themselves and explore who they are as people and how their actions affect those around them and what not. Each "mini part," I guess you could call it, can work alone but when the two story lines meet it should be very interesting. Other than that, I experienced a very lazy day. Played some computer strategy games and talked to my father about his.... "Gone with the Wind" romance taking place on his visits to Columbia looking for...well companionship I suppose. Finally I am on the last episodes of the final season of Farscape! I thought I'd never be done with that series, eventually I'll go more in-depth with it here on my blog; I don't think the whole show is good enough for an exhaustive review on my website. Enjoy the story and have a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment