Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the Night....


....Before Christmas and all through the apartment; not a young man was stirring because lo, he was in bed. And that is where I intend to be after writing this blog entry. Well we have made it to the end of the countdown. Only one day remaining until it is Christmas, or rather a few more hours according to U.S.A. Pacific Standard Time. Work went relatively well, but it was exhausting for some odd reason; many of the SED's were so emotionally unstable because of the holidays that it spilled over on us the staff. I think all of us coped well enough with it though. The presents tomorrow will most likely make them forget about how horrible and sucky their lives are, and trust me they have it bad. If you have a family that you live with that takes care of you and provides for you, then you have so much more than these children ever did possess. I won't dampen the Christmas mood by sharing some of their stories, but it breaks the heart and sobers the soul. As a memory of many Christmases when I was younger, I remember always having difficulty sleeping because I was so excited about the presents that I would be opening in the morning. This lasted until I think highschool, and now as an adult there is no more such enthusiastic trepidation. I suppose that is what happens when you become disenchanted and an adult. The good thing is that I get better sleep on Christmas Eve. Work was all that I could manage today; I was too tired to do anything else. I sat in my comfy chair and watched Ernest Saves Christmas, a tradition which was until last year something I have watched every Christmas Eve each year that I can possibly remember. I hope that each and every one of you have a divine, magical, and special Christmas. God bless us, every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment