Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Once Upon a Time....


....In a strange and far away kingdom lived a king and queen." Those are some of the opening lines to the fairy tale that I am currently writing. I was simply watching Beauty and the Beast the other day and I got the urge to write my very own fairy tale. I am actually very excited about it so far, and I even like the title that I selected for the story. It is developing very quickly and well at the same time and I am exstatically thrilled! I won't spoil the surprise as to what the title is or what the fairy tale is even about; I'm rather curious if people will be able to figure all that is in it and what it is about. We'll see if I will finish it tomorrow or not. I am writing it in fairy tale form, not really a story with a lot of dialogue between characters. Well today was pretty chill. Relaxed mainly and continue to try and get over being sick. I had a very long conversation with my sister, the cosmetologist and one with a gorgeous voice. My nephew, her son, is going to be in his first Christmas pageant tonight as a Christmas tree. So she is vert excited about that, but tired because of all of the work she's had to do with his costume. I got some more inspiration for writing from watching Fantasia 2000 this evening. I am seriously hoping they continue to do Fantasia since the newest thing would be for them to do it in 3-D, and I personally have some good ideas that they could utilize. 11 Days until Christmas! Finally got a present today, hopefully I can get it shipped off before Christmas arrives; we'll see. I don't know about ya'll, but my family and I have quite a few Christmas traditions. One of my favorites was that we'd watch Ernest Saves Christmas on the eve of Christmas. We did that for as long as I can remember, and it still remains a classic Christmas tale for me. Jim Varney is hilarious beyond measure, and of course after the film all of us kids would go to bed eagerly anticipating the morning. Unfortunately this year won't be quite like that, but at least I have the good memories to reflect upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment