Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Forgettable Day.


I remember in a way what I did today, but it really wasn't anything really that productive or interesting. My place of employment had a staff Christmas party which was fun; everyone enjoyed the chocolate cake that I made. Afterwards there was a going away party for two of the SED's which will be leaving the facility tomorrow. After that the rest of my evening was rather blah. I wasn't per se bored, but I wasn't in the mood to write anything. I didn't want to watch television or a film so I played a computer game for a while and then read the Wall Street Journal and watched golf. That was essentially my day. I wanted to edit my book and get going on my fairy tale, but the desire wasn't there and I didn't really want to force myself to write. When I do that, the product doesn't always turn out the best I've discovered at least for me. I'm on the final season of Farscape finally, although I have to do the mail in thing for Netflix for it which is annoying. The series goes both ways; there are good episodes and a lot of really stupid ones. But I like the characters for the most part and all of the weird species and planets they visit. Good creative imagination. 9 Days until Christmas. Things are beginning to come together thank goodness and I seem to be getting more accomplished for the season. I always remember what we'd eat for Christmas lunch; we as a family usually ate around 1pm or so versus dinner and then we snacked on the leftovers for the rest of the day. One year in particular the ham was amazing; so juicy and tender. Home made rolls, cranberry sauce shaped like a can, black and green olives, pickles, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, fruit salad, and sparkling grape juice. Yum! Then we had desert cherry pie (my favorite), pumpkin, apple and pecan. Double yum. My mother was so awesome around that time, despite how cranky she'd get from all of the stress. I miss the food and what not although I am going to try and duplicate that in a dinner with some friends next week. We'll see if I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment