Thursday, November 4, 2010

Remember....


"....Remember, remember the fifth of November the gun powder treason and plot; I know not why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot."


Yes it is that time of year again. Guy Fawkes tried to blow up British parliament over two hundred years ago because the government was not to his liking, or something of that matter. I need to really study the matter more. However, I do remember what V for Vendetta was like and what the point of November the fifth was for V. From what I've assimilated from the film and thought on, there is something that echoes for me concerning any government and V says something which I think describes it perfectly. People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. These words I feel were particularly echoed in this recent U.S. election; people were fed up and got rid of politicians. That is what I believe this fifth of November should be all about; if necessary a government made by the people should be able to be disassembled if it becomes corrupt, only does what is best for them, oppressive and beyond ability to quietly and orderly correct. I'm not saying that people should go and blow up buildings if they disagree with the government, but it's more the philosophy behind the idea; we should not be afraid to change the government if and when it is necessary. Rome was great, but it came tumbling down despite all attempts to save it. So there. Go watch the film, listen to the 1812 overture, and watch some fireworks. The day was rather...well uneventful. I went on a killer hike up a mountain which would usually take me an hour and I did it in 30 minutes! I was exhausted so much that I thought I was going to vomit when I reached the top. After a long rest period, I went back down and almost slipped several times. Got back to my apartment and relaxed for a long time. Edited some of my book, and here I am blogging...at the pool...again. I even had a spider try and bite me. How lovely. My roommate will be unable to get the internet back up until maybe Monday or around that day of next week. I swear I'm going to move out soon. I just like where I'm living so much that it is hard for me to leave. Oh well. After this I am going to go watch V for Vendetta and then at midnight I am going to recite the phrase and listen to the 1812 overture that V played and conducted in the film. Should be great. Have a great November the Fifth.


P.S. I do not endorse violence, terrorism, or anything that would disturb the civil balance of this good government.

No comments:

Post a Comment