Friday, November 12, 2010

Not a bad day.


I would say that today was relatively productive. I went grocery shopping and although I spent a good deal of money I saved over fifty bucks, which I thought was really awesome. I finally wrote a book review of The Crystal Cave and although I stated that I was going to finish reading the other two books before writing a review, that isn't going to happen because....well you should read the review. To say the least, the book was boring. I watched Body of Lies starring Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio, directed by Ridley Scott, of whom I am on a binge of watching his films. I like him as a director and want to see how capable he's been across the gambit of film. I actually enjoyed this film, although when I saw the preview when the film first came out, I thought it looked dumb and rehashed, but I actually enjoyed it. Although I wouldn't watch it frequently, I would watch it again. I also did a film score review on Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 which I was sorely let down over. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but Alexandre Desplat just fell rather...flat. At any rate, it's been a lovely week away from work and we'll see how it is going back. I'm sure the SED's haven't missed me too much, although I am certain they'll say that just to get on my good side. It might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment