Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lazy Progress


I must admit that I was very, very lazy today. I slept in very late and did nothing for a good portion of the entire day. I was hoping to get Josh Groban's new CD, but I couldn't seem to find it at Target unfortunately. For some odd reason the Target that I frequent doesn't seem to stay very...well up to date with all of its current releases of media. Oh well, I suppose I'll just start ordering things via online vendors instead, I can also save on gas and time then as well. I wrote my film review of Schindler's List and there it is; excellent film, and so forth and so on. Tonight I watched Anna and the King with a good friend of mine. That is an amazing film, and the cinematography is stunning. Thailand is a magnificent country. Jodie Foster and Chow Yun-Fat's performances were also delightful, and also it was something to see Tom Felton being a rather charming young boy instead of the cruel and arrogant Draco Malfoy. It was a very good film, long, but good. It makes one remember how vicious, pompous, and arrogant the British Empire was to assume that they could control the entire world, or at least that which they viewed as savage and uncivilized. The same goes for the French as well, but I won't get going on the colonialism soap box that one could spend hours on concerning how much the British and the French destroyed the continents of Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. All of that to say why I didn't edit any of my book or write anything of any large substance. It was a great day to take though after all of the work over the weekend. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment