Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hanging On.

As soon as I got to work this morning I was hacking and spitting up a storm, which shall we say made for a long 17 hour work day. Double work weekends are killer, especially when one is quite ill. Only tomorrow and then my four days off! And then of course I will be feeling better hopefully. I had to do a fair amount of speaking today with a firm loud voice, so it made it rather challenging for me to sound authority figure sounding when only every other word could be heard clearly enough; many times I had to resort to hand signals. It made life interesting particularly when they had no idea what I was attempting to convey. I'm hoping my voice will return to normal hopefully by tomorrow. Today one mundane (seemingly, but not really) thing that I am thankful for are trees. Without them there'd be no wooden houses, no paper to write or draw on, no paper books, no cardboard, desks, wooden chairs, rocking chairs, and....The list could go on for quite some time, but you get the picture. Not only are they natural resources, but they also help make our planet beautiful and provide an important balance for our eco system. Trees not only make life easier for humans on this planet, but they are essential for (I will step out on a limb here) all life. Thank you God for trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment