Friday, November 19, 2010

Better.


Well I'm moving from sore throat to the hacking, gagging, and spitting part of being sick. Isn't that pleasant. The day wasn't necessarily productive, but I wasn't as lazy as I was yesterday. Yes I did see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 and it was quite delightful. For more thrilling details, please read the review. In the Wall Street Journal, the stuffed shirts didn't really give it a positive review for some odd reason. They must have seen things that I didn't. I was planning on writing a review for A Good Year but I ran out of energy and time. Now it is back to work, but I am immensely thankful that I'm not as sick as I was yesterday. Thank you God. Those brave many or few of you who are planning on going shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving, you have barely less than a week to map out your strategy. Best of luck; I ain't that courageous. Thanksgiving is also just around the corner, so I am going to share at least one mundane thing that I take for granted everyday that I am thankful for until Thanksgiving. Today I am thankful for....sound. Without sound our world would be empty. Can you imagine it? Seeing but there being nothing to hear. It would be like a silent film without the music, which can be a nice thing to see every now and then. I however prefer hearing the great music in films performed by stunning artists, and I love hearing people speak to me; their tones, and how their expression keys into what they're saying. Without sound, the world would be so different. So thank you God for sound, pleasant and unpleasant I suppose. The only thing about this week that I regret is that I wasn't able to edit any of my book or go hiking because I was sick, but I did get some potential story ideas because of being sick. A silver lining perhaps to an otherwise unpleasasnt experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment