Monday, November 22, 2010

Being Sick Sucks

Since it had been such a long time since I was sick I had forgotten what it was like to be sick and how truly dreadful it really is. Coughing, spitting up mucous, using the bathroom all of the time because of so much water being drunk, sore throat, and ears popping. So vexing. Work today was fine; the SED's were fairly cooperative and I didn't have to really raise my voice that much which is a good thing considering that I still sounded like Darth Vader. One mundane thing that I am thankful for is.....plastic. I am not certain how it is made, but I know that plastics make it possible. I am sitting at my desk and everywhere I look there are plastic based items, and even as I turn to look throughout my room there are other items also made of plastic or have composite parts made of plastic. I suppose life could go on without plastic, but it makes it so much easier; whether we are in the kitchen, decorating, purchasing toys, clocks, or picture frames. Thank you God for plastic. Well I am going to take my hacking, gagging, and spitting self and kick my roommate off the television set and watch something interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment