Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Hallow's Eve.

Even though I worked, I was able to eat a fair portion of candy. The SED's were unusually pleasant today which was rather lovely. For a group activity we made pumpkin pie and pumkin bread completely from scratch, and I mean completely. I bought whole pumpkins from the grocery store and I chopped them in half and had the SED's scoop the innards out and then I baked them for about an hour and a half and had them help me scoop out the flesh, which I then processed with a blender and began making the pumpkin bread. After I did that I made the pumpkin pie filling (I made the crust Friday night right before I watched Schindler's List) and poured it into the pie shell and baked it. At the end of the night we had pumpkin pie and pumkin bread for all of the kids in my cottage and the staff for the facility; everyone that I met that I had given some to said it was simply delicious. Aside from some prompting, actually a lot now that I think about it, and kids not listening, that was my whole day. Oh things got straightened out with my roommate about the money, and it will be just fine; fortunately this time I didn't stress out as much as before. I don't think that I have the time to be stressed out anymore. It sucks so much out of you to be stressed all of the time. One more day of work left!

No comments:

Post a Comment