Friday, October 29, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy....


Well I waited until the last day to do it, but I got most of what I wanted to accomplish today completed; I might have gotten more done but I had a late start somewhat, and then I was chatting with me mum for a while. I was however able to, drum roll please.....complete a Tale of 3 Brothers: Chapter 35, which means that I am that much closer to being done with the first part of the story. I think I did a rather good job writing this chapter, but the final three or four chapters (depending on how long it takes to wrap everything up) should be very fun to write, and hopefully good to read. I don't know what it is, but it always takes me so much longer than I anticipated to write the ending of nearly everything that I have ever written; things just seem to drag out forever, but then I'm done with a sigh of relief. Besides writing, I did some cooking of course, and then decided to watch Schindler's List which I will write a film review of some time, but since the film was a grand total of 3hrs & 10min I really couldn't do it tonight since I work tomorrow bright and early at 7am. All I have to say after watching that Spielberg film is wow. It was indeed heartwrenching, especially towards the end when groups of Jews were being sent to the gas chambers at Auschwitz unknowing what would happen to them; elderly, young adults, and children alike. No differentiation. It was hard for me because I knew what was happening since I've studied WWII Nazism quite a lot and how they interacted with the Jews. Liam Neeson did awesome as Oskar Schindler, and Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth was chillingly effective as labor camp administrator. Truly, God only knows how His people survived that dreadful era of their history. I really wished that people would understand that love is more important and valuable than greed, but here we Americans are living in the lap of luxury unable to get enough while millions of people across the globe are dying and starving from a lack of basic commodities. The film did get me thinking. Perhaps the most convicting moment of the film was when Herr Schindler was mourning the fact that if he had not spent more of his money so frivolously than he could have saved more Jews by bringing them to his factory where they were safe from the Nazis. It makes me wonder with how much money I spend frivolously how many people I could help save. Powerful dramatic films tend to make me think...a lot, and I always like to think and get other people to think as well. Well...sleep and then work.

No comments:

Post a Comment