Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And Yet More Writing.


It seems my life consists of three activities on a consistent basis: writing, reading, and interacting with irritating people. I enjoy the first two, but could live without the latter. Today I decided to finish reading my biography on Howard Robard Hughes Jr., and I have to admit the poor man who had everything and more experienced quite a vicious end to his existence. He was described in a skeletal state not too soon before his death and was assumed to have died from neglect due to his fiendish aides. He was apparently unconscious for 4 days before they decided to call a doctor and get him started on an Iv drip. All of his billions of money ended up being chief enemy number 1, along with his heartless womanizing, and Obsessive-Compulsive behaviors. He was a brilliant man no doubt whatsoever who was plagued with various problems, but in the end it seems to me that he only tried to please himself, not to try and get help for the difficulties he was experiencing. So finishing that book took up a good portion of my day, so I was unable to get as much writing done as I wanted to do. However, I did manage to finish A Tale of 3 Brothers: Chapter 29 which isn't too shabby for one day. And it is also the second week in a row that I have written that story. I think I just have a great deal of motivation and desire to finish that part of the fantasy serial. I didn't run the errands today that I was suppose to, but I figured I could do that tomorrow and be fine. After all I have one more day off before work again. Yuck.

1 comment:

  1. So Hughes died attempting to satisfy all of his worldly desires. I guess that is what happens when someone lives their life without an eternal perspective.

    ReplyDelete