Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Eve of My Work Weekend

For many months I would dread Thursdays because that signaled that I would be returning to my job, which albeit isn't the most painful career in the world, but it isn't always that enjoyable either. The good thing is that our kids will be returning to school, and that should hopefully help the shift go by more quickly and also better. I was actually rather busy today with some shopping and met some good friends from my old college days, and some colleagues from the library that I use to work at. And yes I did get some writing done, but yet again not as much as I wanted, and I wasn't really even that lazy; there just wasn't enough time to do any more then I did. I really do wish that there were more hours in the day, or that I could be a full time writer, then I would really have the time to do everything that I need to do. Alas, bills do need to get paid, and I do enjoy my modest lifestyle in San Diego.

I really need to get back into writing fiction stories with characters and plots, not just commentaries on films and soundtracks that I try to put every week on my website. Today I wrote a review on Les Miserables and a film score review of Star Trek (the newest film). I suppose I don't have the energy to write that much, in addition to what I am doing with my trilogy, or else I would rather do something fun like read or watch films. Right now, the biography on Howard Hughes Jr. is becoming more and more fascinating; I'm at the part where he's having a "serious" affair with Katharine Hepburn. Well here we go back into the work week, when most are ending their's.

No comments:

Post a Comment