Friday, August 27, 2010

Back on the Job...

...Off the writing cycle. On average my "disicplined" and consistent writing occurs on Tuesday thru Thursday, any of the other days is complete randomness and depends on how well or poorly my work shift went. Even though today wasn't too bad, I did absolutely no writing when I got back to my apartment. I chose to be lazy and watched a couple episodes of Farscape, which I have decided is a brillaint and fascinating show. Granted it isn't cutting edge acting or even remarkable special effects, but the vivid imagination, places, and characters draws me to it. I can't think of very much that matches a good imagination with rather compelling characters and storylines. It is also a lot of fun, which I think is essential for a good television series to work, that isn't at least drama intensely driven. That pretty much consisted of my evening, as well as reading some of the Hughes bio and a U.S. civil war documentary while I ate dinner about Sherman's march to the sea. No I didn't get any writing done, but it isn't always about actually writing. Sometimes I find that the creative mind needs time to reflect and rejuvenate which allows it to come up with new and different ideas, and I must admit they have been coming to me in barrages. A pity I don't have time to flesh them all out. Oh well. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment